Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Enable FlashPlayer for Firefox in Ubuntu

[Tested in Ubuntu 10.10 installed with Firefox 3] Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 10.10 (again) in my laptop and the first problem I found: How to enable FlashPlayer 10 in my Firefox browser? I've followed instruction to install it from add-on manager from Firefox, but sometimes unsuccess. Yeah, you can use another browser for example Google Chrome which come with FlashPlugin. But if you still want to use Firefox browser; nah, this is the easiest way to do it. Follow my instruction :)

1. Download Adobe Flash Player for linux from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (from drop down menu, choose .tar.gz for linux)

2. After you successfully dowloaded it, extract it and you'll get libflashplayer.so file.

3. Go to /home/<user>/.mozilla/plugins. Note: .mozilla is a hidden folder, to show it press Ctrl+H and if you can't find plugins folder, create it yourself.

4. Copy and paste libflashplayer.so inside /home/<user>/.mozilla/plugins.

5. Done! Restart your Firefox browser and try it, it should work properly now :)

That's all guys, now it's your turn. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment