Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Configure Thunderbird and Live@Edu email

I began to set up everything when I arrived in Linux Mint. Some interface changed and some application changed too. Because I'm a student of Ma Chung University, and I have an student email (Live@Edu) so I think I must configure an email client to help me maintain my student email. I found Thunderbird inside Linux Mint, and how to set my student email on it?

The procedure is very-very easy, because every email client will help you to do that. All you need to know is configuration setting for POP or IMAP for incoming messages and SMTP for outgoing messages, especially for student email. Let's solve this configuration now. For incoming server configuration, you can choose POP or IMAP, but IMAP is the suggested option.

IMAP configuration setting for student email (recommended):
Server: pod51003.outlook.com
Port: 993
Encryption: SSL

POP configuration setting for student email:
Server: pod51003.outlook.com
Port: 995
Encryption: SSL

And for outgoing server, use SMTP.

SMTP configuration for student email:
Server: pod51003.outlook.com
Port: 587
Encryption: TLS

After you successfully setting it, click create account and you can start get your email from your student email. :) And that's all. If you want to configure it with another email client, I think the configuration is still the same, or you can go to this site http://www.unisa.edu.au/ists/ithelpdesk/faqs/Email/Student%20Email/General/live_faq13.asp to help you more. Hope this helps you.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, can I tell you how much you rule? Your link totally made it work for me in Evolution Mail. You're a genius.
    the Kman

    ReplyDelete